UPSC CDS II 2023: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination 2023 on its website on May 17, 2023. The CDS examination is conducted twice a year to select candidates for the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. The CDS 2 examination will be conducted on September 3, 2023. The application process for the CDS 2 examination has started on May 17, 2023 and will end on June 6, 2023.
A total of 349 vacancies are to be filled through the CDS 2 examination. The vacancies are for the following posts:
- Indian Army: 240 vacancies
- Indian Navy: 50 vacancies
- Indian Air Force: 59 vacancies
|Name of the Academy||Vacancy|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||32|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai, (SSC Men)||169|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai, (SSC Women)||16|
The eligibility criteria for the CDS 2 examination are as follows:
- Age: The candidate must be between 19 years and 24 years of age on the 1st of August, 2023.
- Education: The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Physical Standards: The candidate must meet the physical standards prescribed by the UPSC.
The selection process for the CDS 2 examination consists of the following stages:
- Written Examination: The written examination will be conducted in two papers. Paper I will be of General Knowledge and Paper II will be of Military Aptitude.
- SSB Interview: The SSB interview is a personality test conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).
Candidates who clear the written examination and SSB interview will be commissioned as officers in the Indian Army, Navy, or Air Force.
The CDS examination is a competitive examination and the competition is very stiff. Candidates who are serious about joining the armed forces must prepare well for the examination. There are many coaching institutes that offer coaching for the CDS examination. Candidates can also prepare for the examination on their own by using the available study material.
The CDS examination is a great opportunity for young men and women to join the armed forces and serve the nation. Candidates who are interested in joining the armed forces must apply for the CDS examination and prepare well for it.