Who is Draupadi Murmu: Draupadi Murmu was born on June 20, 1958 and is an Indian politician. She is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party. She is the official nominee of the BJP led National Democratic Alliance for the 2022 presidential election. She previously served as the ninth Governor of Jharkhand from 2015 to 2021. She is from the state of Odisha. Click here to join whatsapp/telegram study group →
She is the first governor of Jharkhand to complete the five year term, and the first person, man or woman, belonging to a scheduled tribe, to be nominated to the post of President of India.
Draupadi Murmu was born on June 20, 1958, in Baidaposi village of Mayurbhanj district in Odisha, to Biranchi Narayan Tudu. Both her father and grandfather were village heads under the Panchayati Raj system. Draupadi Murmu married Shyam Charan Murmu. The couple had two sons, both of whom died, and a daughter.
- She was elected as the councillor of the Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat in 1997.
- She also served as the national vice-president of Bharathiya Janata Party Scheduled Tribes Morcha.
- During the Bharatiya Janata Party and Biju Janata Dal coalition government in Odisha, She was the Minister of State with Independent Charge for Commerce and Transport from March 6, 2000 to August 6, 2002 and Fisheries and Animal Resources Development from August 6, 2002 to May 16, 2004.
- She is former Odisha Minister and an MLA from Rairangpur Assembly constituency in the years 2000 and 2004.
- She was conferred Nilkantha Award for best MLA by Odisha Legislative Assembly in 2007.
She was the first woman Governor of Jharkhand. She was the first female tribal leader from Odisha to get appointed as a governor in an Indian state.
- BARC NRB Recruitment 2022: Apply for Assistant, Steno and Driver Posts, Check Details
- Indian Bank Manager arrested for transferring Rs 5.7 crore to girlfriend
- Coal India Management Trainee Recruitment 2022: 1050 Vacancies, Check Eligibility
- Territorial Army Recruitment Notification 2022 Out: Check Eligibility, Salary, Vacancy, Selection Process
- Central Bank of India Recruitment 2022: Job Opportunity for 8th pass, Graduates